Historical Romance Series : The Bride Quest


Author: Claire Delacroix
Title: The Princess
Series: The Bride Quest - BOOK I
Description:
"I WILL WED ONLY MY ONE TRUE LOVE!" declared Princess Brianna despite King Henry's decree that she marry one of the sons of the man who had conquered her family's castle. So Brianna issued a seemingly impossible challenge: He who returned with a gift that made her laugh would win her hand. And thus began the bride quest of the three brothers Fitzgavin...
--
Burke and Rowan, knights both, set out at her command. Only Luc remained, refusing to indulge the whims of the glorious Irish princess. Even Brianna's legendary beauty could not tempt him- until she invaded his senses... and his soul. But Luc thought a princess had no place in the life of a battle weary warrior who vowed to lay down his sword forever - until he was forced to take up arms to protect the fair maiden who had seized his heart by divine right.



Author: Claire Delacroix
Title: The Damsel
Series: The Bride Quest - BOOK II
Description:
She was the beauty he couldn't forget. He wouldn't stop searching until he found her...
--
"I come in search of a bride."
Once upon a time, the legendary knight, Burke Fitzgavin, galloped into Kiltorren Castle and fell in love with Alys, the lord's orphaned niece. But her uncle was determined that Burke marry one of his homely daughters instead. Through tricks and lies, Burke was sent away, believing that Alys wanted nothing of his heart.
--
Pledged to a Bride Quest, Burke has vowed not to return home until he finds his long-lost love. He returns to Kiltorren to discover that the fiery young innocent has become a woman, a servant on her uncle's estate. Paying penance for Burke's long-ago embrace, she wants nothing to do with him. Burke knows he must earn her trust again. Even as he slowly rekindles her desire, Alys's family attempts to thwart their romance--determined that Alys should not marry before her cousins do. But Burke is a warrior and this battle to win the hand and the heart of his one true love will be his greatest challenge ever. . . .


Author: Claire Delacroix
Title: The Heiress
Series: The Bride Quest - BOOK III
Description:
"I SEEK A BRIDE, THE WEALTHIEST HEIRESS IN IRELAND."
--
No woman can resist the charms of Rowan de Montvieux. But the dashing rogue is in no hurry to marry--until his family dares him to find a bride . . . or risk losing his inheritance. So Rowan sets out on a Bride Quest, vowing to wed only . . .The Heiress.
--
But his journey is interrupted when a slave merchant offers to sell him a ragged peasant girl who carries herself like a queen. Intrigued and never imagining she is the sought-after Bronwyn of Ballyroyal, an heiress in disguise, Rowan buys her, offering her his protection if she will lead him to the bride he seeks.
--
Never has he met a woman so proud, so beautiful, so defiant. He suspects she is no commoner and vows to uncover her secrets and melt her fiery resolve. But the perilous voyage to Ireland kindles passions that risk both their lives, as the slave girl who would not be mastered slowly takes possession of his wary heart. . . .


Author: Claire Delacroix
Title: The Countess
Series: The Bride Quest - BOOK IV
Description:
Be Mine for a year and a day and I will possess your heart forevermore!
--
Driven from her late husband's estate, Countess Eglantine de Crevy fled to wildest Scotland to claim a castle, only to find a ruin--and a clan chieftain standing guard. Kinbeath was hers, she declared, vowing to rebuild the manor and launch a bride quest so her daughters could marry for love. But Duncan MacLaren had devised a bride quest of his own, swearing to win the land--and the fiery countess--in a war of sweet seduction....
--
Eglantine declared she would never be captured by this barbarian. Yet Duncan awakened passions she had never known before. She promised to fight him with every weapon at her command even as he vowed to woo her for a year and a day--and make her his pagan bride. Each thought Kinbeath the prize they most desired, a prize to be won at any price. Until passion turned to love, and the chieftain found himself fighting for the heart and hand of the woman he was born to possess.


Author: Claire Delacroix
Title: The Beauty
Series: The Bride Quest - BOOK V
Description:
"I WAS BORN A WOMAN, THERE ARE BUT TWO COURSES FOR MY LIFE -- MARRIAGE OR THE CONVENT. I HAVE CHOSEN."
--
Certain that she will never wed for love, sworn to let no man possess her for her beauty alone, Jacqueline de Crevy has vowed to become a bride of God. But en route to the convent of Inveresbeinn, her party is ambushed by a knight, who snatches Jacqueline from her saddle and spirits her away with him. He is Angus MacGillivray--not the blackhearted ravisher she fears but a valiant man of honor who has returned to Scotland seeking justice...and revenge.
--
Angus has come home from the Crusades to find his family murdered and his birthright seized. Sworn to reclaim his rightful lands, he has kidnapped the step-daughter of Duncan, chieftain of Clan MacQuarrie--Angus's avowed enemy. But his lovely captive refuses to be the chattel--or ransom--of any man...until Jacqueline senses the yearning heart beneath Angus's embittered, facade. In spite of himself, Angus has let this defiant beauty touch his very soul. And as desire flames between them, a lady fair and her battle-scarred knight will fight for a love that could banish all the sorrows of the past....


Author: Claire Delacroix
Title: The Temptress
Series: The Bride Quest - BOOK VI
Description:
"I will not wed a man who thinks to own me."
--
Furthermore, Esmeraude of Ceinn-beithe declares that she alone will name the winner of her heart. To the knights gallant who ride from afar to do her bidding, she issues a challenge: a riddle that is both quest and test. And then she flees, daring her suitors to follow. Thus begins the Bride Quest of Bayard of Villonne, to compete for the hand of a woman he has never seen....
--
Newly returned from the Crusades, Bayard has warned his family of a pending attack upon their estate. When they pay no heed to his message, he swears to protect the family holding himself ... even if its price is a marriage of convenience. It seems a simple matter to win the hand of a rural maid in a barbarian contest -- until the chase begins. Esmeraude's challenge makes her far more intriguing than Bayard has dared to hope. But when he follows her across the waters and rescues a tattered, ravishing damsel in disguise, he knows he has found her. Recklessly, she offers herself to the handsome stranger. But not even a passion that touches both their souls can win her hand. For Esmeraude will settle for nothing less than total surrender of the crusader's worn and wary heart ... a treasure Bayard is determined to keep shielded forever.


Author: Claire Delacroix
Title: The Rogue
Series: The Bride Quest - BOOK VII
Description:
Dear Reader:
Seductive and mysterious, Merlyn was the laird of Ravensmuir--never had a man so stirred my body and soul.
I gave myself to him--willingly, trustingly, passionately--and we soon wed. Then a horrible revelation emerged, shattering my innocence and my marriage...
--
Five years later, Merlyn returned to my doorstep, desperate for my help. The scoundrel swore he was haunted by memories of me, that a treasure locked in Ravensmuir could clear his name. Yet I could not surrender to his will again. Now he is said to be murdered and Ravensmuir has fallen into my hand. But even as I cross the threshold of this cursed keep, I hear his whisper in the darkness, feel his caress in the night, and I know that Merlyn has told me but part of his tale. Should I do as is right and expose his lair? Or dare I trust my alluring but deceptive spouse-the rogue who destroyed my heart?
--Ysabella


Author: Claire Delacroix
Title: The Scoundrel
Series: The Bride Quest - BOOK VIII
Description:
Dear Reader:
It is true that I acted boldly, brazenly, wantonly...and I confess, I have only myself to blame.
I knew what sort of man I was dealing with, knew Gawain Lammergeier was a rogue and a thief. Yet when I schemed to seduce him and reclaim what was rightfully mine, I never imagined I would succumb to the charms of this reckless, golden-haired scoundrel.
--
Make no mistake, I took what I came for-the sacred relic stolen from my father that can restore the fortunes of my keep. I should have been content then, to return home with my prize. Alas, I let desire rule me. For I have dared to tempt Gawain-to best me, bewitch me, and even bed me, in pursuit of my treasure.
-Lady Evangeline of Inverfyre


Author: Claire Delacroix
Title: The Warrior
Series: The Bride Quest - BOOK IX
Description:
Dear Reader,
Alluring and dangerous, the Hawk of Inverfyre came to rest at my father's house, his motives unknown.
His seduction was breathtaking. I resisted him, this enigmatic warrior, but his kiss transported me to a time and place where his relentless pursuit and my passionate surrender made perfect sense.
--
'Twas then I erred. My defenses harried, I was tricked into marriage by the Hawk and taken by force to his lawless castle. I have vowed to flee: The grounds abound with rogues and whores, and the servants whisper of murdered wives. And yet his dizzying touch hints that we have lived here before-he as the castle's intrepid founder, and I as his betrayed lover. Am I the bride who will break the spell of Inverfyre? Or have I been captured by a scheming sorcerer, only to be ravished and discarded like so many before?
-Lady Aileen of Abernye